moa is recruiting for a Senior Technician - Stockbridge
MoA Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technicians, and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: Stockbridge Technology Centre Cawood, Selby, (Leeds / York area), UK
The post-holder will have:
· BSc (1st or 2.1 class) or MSc in a biological or life science discipline.
· High degree of manual dexterity.
· Excellent numerical skills.
· Experience working in a biology laboratory, in industry or academia (desirable).
· Experience with molecular or cell biology techniques (desirable).
· Experience working with plants (beneficial but not essential).
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior technician to provide services for our Glasshouse operations.
You will be instrumental to the organisational success by ensuring the smooth running of the Laboratory & Glasshouse as part of the Operations team for Stockbridge.
You will be responsible for the provision of selected generic services for laboratory & Glasshouse activities as well as handling by-products of laboratory / glasshouse activities (e.g. laboratory waste, glassware) and the maintenance of laboratory/ glasshouse stocks and selected laboratory / glasshouse equipment.
We are seeking individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organised, dedicated and conscientious working.
• Checking, weighing and logging of compounds
• Formulation of herbicide compounds and application
• Carrying out assessment after applying the chemicals and collecting data
• Capturing photos of trial plants as a part of assessment
• Assisting in the monitoring of pests and diseases in the glasshouse.
• Basic maintenance of equipment both in the lab and glasshouse (e.g. deep cleaning, checking equipment integrity)
• Monitoring back up stock and reporting low stocks
• Responsibility for ensuring glasshouse and lab HSE standards are adhered to.
• This role is not restricted to the above and encompasses any support activities that facilitate the smooth running of the glasshouse / laboratory-based operations.
• As the company grows, your role could vary as required to support further operational and support functions
• From time to time you may be required to undertake a full range of daily glasshouse activities.
o filling pots
o sowing seeds
o transplanting plants
Education and experience: Degree or HNC qualification in agronomy or plant science.
The post-holder will have:
• At least 1 years’ experience in the scientific agricultural field and working in a laboratory and glasshouse setting
• PA1, PA6 qualifications would be highly desirable
• Some knowledge of herbicide compound formulation would be desirable however training will be provided
• Awareness of growth and care requirements of plant material in the glasshouse.
• Computer literate with excellent communication skills. Experience working with Microsoft Teams, Zoom is desirable.
• Experience working with lab inventory management systems is desirable.
• A good knowledge of lab health and safety will be desirable
The ideal candidate will:
1. You will be able to work autonomously and proactively.
2. You will enjoy working with dynamic teams and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. You actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
4. You can advocate, lead by example, provide evidence-based decisions.
5. You can meet deadlines, demonstrate awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
6. You can demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stake holders.
7. You are highly motivated, resilient and organised.
8. You are keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
9. You can record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
10. You can accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
11. You adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org