moa is recruiting for a Project Manager
moa Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company that is revolutionizing the future of weed control in agriculture. We have recently secured $44m (£35m) in Series B funding to advance a new generation of safe, sustainable, and effective herbicides and help the farmers produce high quality food. To achieve this goal, moa Technology has developed 3 unique and complementary platforms: moa-GALAXY, moa-TARGET, and moa -SELECT.
We are looking for a project manager who can provide strategic and operational leadership for end-to end projects to ensure the effective progression of projects within moa’s portfolio.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Oxford Science Park, Oxford,
The post-holder will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or similar
- Considerable experience within agricultural science or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Ability to operate both tactically and strategically
- Proven track record in a cross-functional matrix environment
- High level personal integrity and ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven leadership skills, maturity, and emotional intelligence
· Master’s degree, MBA or PhD
· PMP or Prince 2 certification
Under the responsibility of the Chief Operations Officer the successful candidate will oversee the following tasks:
- Support the Project Leader and team to set the strategic direction for the project
- Turn strategy into clear, coherent, yet flexible development plans
- Ensuring projects are regularly reviewed and continue to meet moa’s business needs
- Manage projects of varying complexity on time and to budget.
- Managing the day-to-day operational activities for the projects
- Develop and coordinate project resource planning
- Maintain high level and detailed timelines
- Bring issues to the Project Leader’s attention, and escalate where necessary
- Ensures that key issues are resolved within the project team or are elevated to management for resolution
- Prepares monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Present updates to Senior leadership
- Identify project risks with input from project team members and identify mitigating strategies.
- Drives regular lessons learned sessions to help share learnings throughout the business
- Ensures that decisions made at project team meetings are assessed as to their impact on the current plan, budget, and available resources, and are endorsed by senior management
- Facilitate communication and coordination of activities between various disciplines, platform technologies and contract research organizations.
- Develop Project Management tools, templates, and processes.
Key behaviour and attributes:
The ideal candidate will:
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to steer fast-paced projects.
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily activities.
- Strong organisational skills to enable planning of work on multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Pro-active and positive problem-solving mindset.
- Be enthused by the science and moa’s vision
- Be adaptable. The company is in a rapid growth trajectory and requires individuals who can evolve with the needs of the business.
- Have an excellent work ethic, display a prominent level of professionalism and be reliable.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com