moa is recruiting for a Principal Scientist (WL6) or Senior Scientist (WL7) depending on experience – Chemistry, Design and Analysis
Moa Technology Limited is innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company. At moa Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled a team of passionate and talented scientists, technician and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential. We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Oxford Science Park, Oxford,
The purpose of the Principal/Senior Scientist role is to primarily support the company project objectives within dedicated project / scientific teams. They will be expected to design novel herbicidal chemical targets and provide ongoing SAR analysis.
The role consists of analysis of data and design of biologically active molecules, where you will be working at the interface of chemistry, biology and data science to deliver agrochemical products.
Responsible for chemical optimization of herbicidal molecules in both lead generation and lead exploration projects.
Project management of multiple chemical areas to deliver a successful portfolio of herbicidal candidates.
1) Design of novel compounds for agrochemical purposes through SAR development and medicinal/agrochemical knowledge
2) Analysis of complex and varied biological data to best improve the holistic profile of candidate and lead molecules
3) Analysis of biological data reviewing results from biological testing, to best prioritise and action further testing
4) Project management of multiple lead generation and lead exploration projects
5) Collaboration with cross-functional departments for biological and chemical testing
6) Presentation of hypotheses and data to senior stakeholders to effectively communicate project plans and strategy
7) Analysis of literature patent landscape and drafting of novel patents
8) Deliver project responsibilities within deadlines if available and appropriate, project work-stream leadership/management and/or supervision of other junior scientists.
9) Desire and drive to continually be up to date with relevant scientific literature
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· PhD in organic chemistry or equivalent academic/industrial experience in organic chemistry at an agrochemical, pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES - Describe the required and desirable skills and competencies needed to successfully perform the role
· Enthusiastic about chemistry and working in a fast-paced high-tech company
· Collaborative and enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary team
· Possesses an enquiring mind, and facilitates and encourages scientific debate
· Proactive, self-starter - resourceful, resilient, determined – a confident problem solver
· Capacity to learn new skills and willing to take on responsibilities within and beyond the core chemistry function.
· Work flexibly, demonstrating a ‘hands-on’ approach and a strong work ethic.
· The company is in a rapid growth trajectory and require motivated individuals who can evolve with the needs of the business. In return, the company can offer the right individuals with unparalleled opportunity to progress and expand their skills and knowledge base
moa is committed to building a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We recognize that diverse and inclusive teams build a stronger and more innovative company. Therefore, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, or veteran status
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com