moa is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician - Operations
moa Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At moa Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technician, and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Oxford Science Park, Oxford,
The post-holder will have:
1. Education to NVQ - level II or equivalent practical expertise gained from hands-on work experience in a laboratory environment.
2. Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook (i.e., calendar and email) is essential.
3. Experience reading and writing risk assessments for technical laboratory work involving hazards such as chemicals, temperature extremes, working at height etc.
1. Experience with large volume autoclaves (e.g., 260L and above) and laboratory dishwashers.
2. Experience working in clean and aseptic conditions.
3. Ability to carry out simple chemical calculations involving molarity
4. Experience working with inventory management system/ERP.
5. Experience working as part of a customer-facing team.
We are looking for a highly motivated support technician to provide services for our laboratory-based R&D operation.
You will be instrumental to organisational success by ensuring the smooth running of our compound management and weed testing laboratories, and act as a key contact between the platforms and the wider Operations team.
You will primarily be responsible for the provision of selected services for laboratory activities as well as handling by-products of laboratory activities (e.g., laboratory waste, glassware) and the maintenance of laboratory stocks and selected laboratory equipment.
We are seeking for individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organised, dedicated, and conscientious working.
1. Continual monitoring and replenishment of floor stock consumables.
2. Management of a consumables store room and the associated inventory software.
3. Processing orders, internally, for laboratory consumables.
4. Processing deliveries in a timely and efficient fashion.
5. Basic maintenance of equipment (e.g. deep cleaning, checking equipment integrity)
6. Collecting equipment usage and maintenance records
7. Monitoring back up stock and reporting low levels.
8. General laboratory housekeeping on a daily basis. This will include tasks such as the operation of an industrial scale autoclave
This role is not restricted to the above and encompasses any support activities that facilitate the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations. As the company grows, your role could vary as required to support further operational and support functions.
The ideal candidate will:
1. You work autonomously and proactively.
2. You gain energy from working in support of dynamic teams and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. You actively listen and effectively communicate on matters related to your role.
4. You work by evidence-based decision-making processes.
5. You meet deadlines, demonstrating awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself.
6. You demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling challenges you face and communicating with internal collaborators.
7. You are highly motivated, resilient, conscientious and organised.
8. You are keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
9. You accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
You adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com