moa is recruiting for a Laboratory Assistant - Herbicide Development
moa Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At moa Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technician, and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Oxford Science Park, Oxford,
The post-holder will have:
· 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications
· Can work co-operatively as part of a team
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook (i.e., calendar and email) is essential.
We are looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Assistant to provide services for our Herbicide Development operations.
You will be responsible for the receipt, tracking, organisation and initial sample preparation of incoming compounds to moa Technology.
Working as part of the compound management team, the candidate will prepare samples for the scientific team in an efficient manner. Both by weighing of solid samples, and transfer of solutions by pipetting techniques and the use of robotics.
The candidate will additionally be responsible for maintaining an inventory database using both bespoke software and Microsoft Excel.
Full training and support will be provided to allow the candidate to perform their role effectively.
We are searching for individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organized, dedicated and conscientious working.
Essential attributes include:
· Attention to detail and precision of work
· Experience working with Excel spreadsheets
· Organisation skills and time management
· Clear communication with other team members and staff
Desirable experience includes:
· Sample weighing and preparation
· Pipetting experience
· Working in a laboratory environment
The ideal candidate will:
1. Work autonomously and proactively.
2. Take energy from working with a dynamic team and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. Actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
4. Meet deadlines, demonstrating awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
5. Demonstrate a‘ hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stake holders.
6. Be highly motivated, resilient and organised.
7. Be keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
8. Record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
9. Accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
Adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org