MoA is recruiting for a Laboratory Assistant
MoA Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technician and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent Part-time - 20 hours per week (Mon-Fri) 4 hours per day (mornings or afternoons), with some flexibility to be agreed.
Location: The Bellhouse Building, The Magdalen Centre, The Oxford Science Park, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford, OX4 4GA
The post-holder will have:
· 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications
We are looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Assistant to provide services for our Herbicide Development operations.
You will be responsible for the receipt, tracking, organisation and initial sample preparation of incoming compounds to MoA Technology.
Working as part of the compound management team, the candidate will prepare samples for the scientific team in an efficient manner. Both by weighing of solid samples, and transfer of solutions by pipetting techniques. Full training and support will be provided to allow the candidate to perform their role effectively.
We are searching for individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organized,
dedicated and conscientious working.
Essential attributes include:
· Attention to detail and precision of work
· Organisation skills and time management
· Clear communication with other team members and staff
Desirable experience include:
· Sample weighing and preparation
· Pipetting experience
· Working in a laboratory environment
1. Work autonomously and proactively.
2. Take energy from working with a dynamic team and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. Actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
4. Meet deadlines, demonstrating awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
5. Demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stakeholders.
6. Be highly motivated, resilient and organised.
7. Be keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
8. Record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
9. Accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
10. Adhere to company work hours, policies and standard business etiquette
MoA is strongly committed to the safety of their employees and in the current COVID-19 climate, have taken measures that require the post-holder to:
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org