moa is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician
MoA Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technician and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: Stockbridge, Nr. Leeds
We are looking for a highly motivated support technician to provide services for our
You will be instrumental to organizational success by ensuring the smooth running of the
Laboratory & Glasshouse operation as part of the Operations team.
You will be responsible for the providing of selected generic services for laboratory & Glasshouse activities as well as handling by-products of laboratory / glasshouse activities (e.g. laboratory waste, glassware) and the maintenance of laboratory/ glasshouse stocks and selected laboratory / glasshouse equipment.
We are seeking for individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organized,
dedicated and conscientious working.
• Undertake a full range of daily glasshouse activities including
- filling pots,
- sowing seeds,
- transplanting plantlets,
- applying chemicals.
• Carry out weed assessment after applying the chemicals and collecting data.
• Assist in the monitoring of pests and diseases in the glasshouse.
• Basic maintenance of equipment (e.g. deep cleaning, checking equipment integrity)
• Monitoring back up stock and reporting low stocks
• Responsibility for ensuring glasshouse HSE standards are adhered to.
• This role is not restricted to the above and encompasses any support activities that facilitate the smooth running of the glasshouse / laboratory-based operations.
• As the company grows, your role could vary as required to support further
• operational and support functions
Education and experience: BSc degree in agronomy or plant science,
The post-holder will have:
• At least 3 years’ experience in the scientific agricultural field
• Experience in Glasshouse operations.
• PA1, PA6 qualifications would be highly desirable
• Awareness of growth and care requirements of plant material in the glasshouse.
• Computer literate with excellent communication skills. Experience working with Microsoft Teams, Zoom is desirable.
• 7. Experience working with inventory management systems is desirable.
Key behaviour and attributes:
The ideal candidate will:
1. You work autonomously and proactively.
2. You take energy from working with a dynamic teams and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. You actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
4. You advocate, leading by example, evidence-based decision-making processes.
5. You meet deadlines, demonstrating awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
6. You demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stake holders.
7. You are highly motivated, resilient and organised.
8. You are keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
9. You record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
10. You accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
11. You adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org