moa is recruiting for a Glasshouse Assistant- Stockbridge
MoA Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technicians, and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent Part - time / Full-time - work hours to be agreed
Location: Stockbridge Technology Centre Cawood, Selby, (Leeds / York area), UK
The post-holder will have:
· Education and experience:
· The post-holder will have: 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
· PA 1 and PA 6 qualification will be desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
Keen interest in plants and someone who enjoys working in glasshouse would be highly desirable for the role.
We are looking for a glasshouse assistant to provide services for our Glasshouse operation.
You will be instrumental to the organisational success of the team by ensuring the smooth running of the Glasshouse.
We are seeking individuals who strive to deliver tangible impact through organised, dedicated and conscientious working.
• Under take a full range of daily glasshouse activities including filling pots, sowing seeds, transplanting plants, watering and applying chemicals.
• Assistance in carrying out weed assessment after applying the chemicals and collecting data.
• Assisting in the monitoring of pests and diseases in the glasshouse.
• Basic maintenance of equipment (e.g. deep cleaning, checking equipment integrity)etc.
• This role is not restricted to the above and encompasses any support activities that facilitate the smooth running of the glasshouse and some laboratory-based operations.
• The role involves some heavy lifting and manual handling.
• As the company grows, your role could vary as required to support further operational and support functions
• Training to be provided.
The ideal candidate will:
1. You will be able to work autonomously and proactively.
2. You will enjoy working with dynamic teams and people from diverse backgrounds.
3. You actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
4. You can advocate, lead by example, provide evidence-based decisions.
5. You can meet deadlines, demonstrate awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
6. You can demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stake holders.
7. You are highly motivated, resilient and organised.
8. You are keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
9. You can record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
10. You can accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
11. You adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com