moa is recruiting for a Associate Scientist - Biology
Moa Technology Limited is innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company. At moa Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled a team of passionate and talented scientists, technician and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential. We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Oxford Science Park, Oxford,
As a Associate Scientist/Scientist, you will execute biological assays within TARGET’s pipeline to contribute towards the elucidation of modes of action for hit compounds. You will contribute to the identification of genetic pathways associated with plants ’response to novel herbicides whilst working closely with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, with the aim of diversifying the toolset farmers have available to tackle weeds. The position provides an exciting opportunity to apply plant biology assays in a stimulating modern laboratory environment, to support and accelerate both target identification and validation work.
You will have practical research skills and a proven record of delivering high quality, organised experiments – ideally with experience in plant science/genetics, tissue culture, or molecular biology.
1. Directly contribute to our discovery activities and ensure delivery ofcompany and department objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Conduct plant science/molecular biology experiments to identify novel targets and new biological mechanisms with the potential to translate into herbicides with novel modes of action.
3. Contribute to the collective goals of an inter-disciplinary project team, representing TARGET in scientific discussions and work-planning. To explore the potential of candidate molecules as part of this team.
4. Be responsible for generating and managing plant lines under sterileconditions.
5. Have the flexibility and ability to manage several experimentssimultaneously and to meet key deadlines, as well as a desire to work in a highpaced and collaborative team environment.
6. Effectively record and communicate experimental results to the rest ofthe TARGET team, and to your project team.
7. Bring enthusiasm and creativity to problem-solving and optimisation discussions, improving the performance of the team and company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· BSc in a biological subject. Relevant experience with plant science/molecular biology/biochemistry/genetics preferred. Masters’ qualification and/or industry experience desirable.
· Capacity to learn new skills and willing to take on responsibilities within and beyond the core function.
· Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual with demonstrable experience in a laboratory environment.
· Experience working effectively in a team to deliver on measurable objectives.
· Work flexibly, demonstrating a ‘hands-on’ approach and a strong work ethic.
· Strong IT skills, including spreadsheet-based data management.
moa is committed to building a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We recognize that diverse and inclusive teams build a stronger and more innovative company. Therefore, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, or veteran status
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org