Technical Services Manager/Coordinator
MoA Technology Limited is an innovative and rapidly growing R&D crop protection company.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find the new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high quality food for all. To this aim, we have assembled team of passionate and talented scientists, technician and operational staff, who respectively design, use and support the use of disruptive technologies that de-risk the herbicide discovery process and favour the development of sustainable crop protection products.
As an organisation, we believe that collectively leveraging our technologies and products for impact goes together with enabling our dedicated staff to fulfil their individual potential.
We value collaborative endeavours, evidence-based decision making and resourcefulness.
We are looking for an experienced technical services manager to oversee the delivery of high quality technical services in support of our internal R&D activities.
You will be instrumental to organizational success by structuring the dynamic interface between laboratory-based technical and scientific functions.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and impact of processes that ensure the delivery of mission-sensitive technical services in support of our laboratory-based operation.
We are seeking individuals who strive to deliver tangible results through collaborative working and effective communication across functions.
Position type: Permanent full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Location: The Bellhouse Building, The Magdalen Centre, The Oxford Science Park, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford, OX4 4GA
Required qualifications and experience:
The job holder will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline with 1 year’s project management experience (preferred).
- You will collect and integrate demands for mission-sensitive technical services from laboratory-based scientific functions.
- You will plan the allocation of mission-sensitive technical resources and report to Operational Leadership for approval.
- You will coordinate the provision of mission-sensitive technical services required to fulfil the company’s laboratory-dependent scientific goals.
- You will establish the foundation for and champion the implementation of a quality management system.
- You will create and coordinate a forum for collecting information on operational requirements and steer creative thinking of the technical services team.
- Report opportunities and challenges identified by technical service providers to Operational Leadership.
- This role is not restricted to the above and encompasses any activities that facilitate the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
- As the company grows, your role could vary as required to support further operational and support functions.
The post-holder will have:
- Education to MSc level (or equivalent) in a biology or life sciences subject
- Substantial experience in Quality Management or Operations Management is strictly required.
- Substantial hands-on experience working in a research laboratory is strongly desirable.
- Experience in tissue culture, aseptic techniques, high-throughput screening and/or lab automation are strongly desirable.
- Experience of working to ISO quality standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 15189, and designing ISO-inspired processes are desirable.
- Experience of managing relationship with external operational collaborators and service providers is desirable.
- Experience of communicating effectively on complex and sensitive topics through both verbal and written communication.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, inventory management systems and electronic lab notebooks.
- You work autonomously and proactively.
- You take energy from working with a dynamic teams and people from diverse backgrounds.
- You actively listen and effectively communicate on complex and sensitive topics.
- You advocate, leading by example, evidence-based decision-making processes.
- You meet deadlines, demonstrating awareness of realistic time requirements for yourself and technical service providers.
- You demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach to tackling operational challenges and communication to internal and external stake holders.
- You are highly motivated, resilient and organised.
- You are keen to evolve with the changing needs of the business on a rapid growth trajectory.
- You record and circulate minutes of meetings critical to the smooth running of the laboratory-based operations.
- You accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies.
- You adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
MoA Technology is strongly committed to the safety of its employees and in the current COVID-19 climate, has taken measures that enable the post-holder to work from the site of operation as and when required by the role.
The role is primarily based at our Oxford site of operations, and means to commute to the Oxford site is a job requirement.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org