Senior/Principal Scientist: Computational Chemistry
MoA Technology Limited (“MoA”) is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford. Professor Liam Dolan (FRS), head of the University’s Plant Sciences department, has developed a novel approach for the discovery of next generation Agritech products.
MoA Tech is a dynamic fast paced business made up of exceptional individuals and world class scientists who have come together to tackle the crisis in agriculture.
The primary objectives will be scientific and technical in nature, aimed at delivering a robust computational chemistry platform offering significant long-term value to the company.
Key scientific and technical accountabilities
- Responsible for hit-2-lead, lead optimization, hit triage & expansion and virtual screening.
- Guide and provide hands-on protein and small-molecule computational chemistry support.
- Establish external collaborations and/or in-license technologies and serve as a computational chemistry representative to external collaborators.
Education & experience
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or related fields
- Industrial experience at an agrochemical, pharmaceutical or biotechnology company will be an advantage but not essential.
- A comprehensive understanding of ligand and structure-based design, conformational analysis, pharmacophores and homology modelling.
- Enthusiastic about computational chemistry and its application in a high-tech and fast-moving company
- Passionate about discovering and bringing to market novel agriproducts
- Possesses an enquiring mind and facilitates and encourages scientific debate
- Proactive, self-starter - resourceful, resilient, determined – a confident problem solver
- Work flexibly as part of an early stage R&D Team, demonstrating a ‘hands-on’ approach to helping establish the company and a strong work ethics.
- The company is in a rapid growth trajectory and require highly motivated individuals who can evolve with the needs of the business. In return, the company offers unparalleled professional growth opportunity for the right candidate!
Location: BioEscalator, Innovation Building, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7FZ
Position type: Permanent full-time
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org