Senior Research Technician - Weed Validation and Plant Husbandry
MoA Technology Limited (“MoA”) is a spin-out company from Oxford University's Plant Sciences Department. MoA Tech's in vivo herbicide discovery platforms are based on cutting-edge science in the fields of genetics, trait analysis and data analytics.
Position type: Temporary (six months) full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: BioEscalator, Innovation Building, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford, OX3 7FZ
Role and responsibilities:
- Experimental work as part of the Research and Development Team.
- Deliver data produced to senior staff in a clear and organized manner. Encourage feedback on experiment execution.
- Compound screening on weeds species.
- Mantainance and propagation of wild type and mutant plant lines.
- Genotype plants.
- Assist senior staff with bacterial and plant transformations.
- Work cooperatively within the Research and Development Team, sharing technical solutions, ideas and concepts to achieve stated goals.
- Contribute technical solutions, ideas and concepts to all projects within the company.
- Maintain good laboratory practices at all times.
- Maintain accurate records using corporate systems (e.g. electronic laboratory notebooks, QMS).
- Contribute to reports, SOPs, risk assessments, presentations, reviews and summaries
- Strictly follow SOPs and risk assessments.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Research technician’s role is varied and not restricted to the above and encompasses any activities that facilitate translational science and new scientific discoveries.
Education & experience:
The job holder will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in the life sciences. Have at least 3 years experience working in an biology laboratory or show a flare for scientific endeavours. Experience working with plants is essential.
- Work flexibly as part of a small Research and Development Team, demonstrating a ‘hands-on’ approach to helping establish the company and a strong work ethic.
- The company is in a rapid growth trajectory and requires highly motivated, independent individuals who can evolve with the needs of the business.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
- Demonstrate and put into practice technical expertise on a daily basis, including the use of any specialist equipment required.
- Work independently or as part of a project team.
- Self-driven and possesses the initiative to identify new work and seeking out new technology, equipment and ways of working.
- Show a keen aptitude to problem solving.
- Accurately keep records as outlined by SOPs and corporate policies, and be suitably proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, inventory management systems and electronic lab notebooks.
- Communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in verbal and written English at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com